With sampling by our specialist personnel and an instant express analysis on our highly sensitive laboratory analysis equipment, we provide a fast and highly precise analysis result for a wide range of questions. Alternatively, you can also send us the gas samples taken by your specialist personnel.
In this case, our service team will also gladly provide you with sampling kits and transport boxes and handle shipping and collection for you. On request, we can also install sampling systems for easy handling of sampling at your site.
You will receive our detailed result reports immediately after the analysis. Our experts are available to discuss the results and will be happy to advise you.
We offer the following services:
- Determination of various gas components in hydrogen according to SAEJ 2719, ISO 14687 and DIN EN 17124, natural gas, biogases and synthetic gases (SNG), as well as liquefied natural gas (LNG).
- Sampling at natural gas and hydrogen filling stations, power plants, biogas plants, etc.
- Mobile measurement of hydrogen, methane slip and other associated substances in plant exhaust gas streams
- Measurement and determination of accompanying substances in biogases at biogas production plants; also according to DVGW bulletin G 269
- Measurement and determination of the odorant content in distributed natural gas according to DVGW Code of Practice G 280 and determination of sulphur components
- Determination of gas physical properties (density, calorific value, Wobbe index, etc.) in fuel gases (NG, SNG, biogas, LPG, LNG, etc.)
- Chemical/physical-analytical support of performance tests during the installation or inspection of gas turbines, CHPs and other gas combustion plants.
Mobile H2 Quality Monitoring
Our mobile laboratory makes it possible to measure gas quality according to laboratory standards directly on site, e.g. at production sites, during loading and unloading processes of tankers or during commissioning of plants. Causes of possible target deviations can be investigated immediately on site.
The innovative sampling system enables online measurement in almost any application up to 1,000 bar pressure. The sample can be taken directly at the tank coupling without the need for the presence of a service employee of the customer or the manufacturer.
As a testing laboratory, accredited according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2018, we work according to the highest quality standards and international norms. In addition, we work according to in-house methods that we have developed and validated ourselves.
Furthermore, the measurement technology installed in the vehicle is successfully validated with regard to the limit values according to SAEJ 2719, ISO 14687 and DIN EN 17124 in cooperation with a special gas plant in Germany.
The spread of hydrogen as an energy carrier means that materials, auxiliary materials and materials that come into contact with hydrogen in various states (pressure, temperature) must be tested for chemically/physically neutral behaviour. This applies in particular to seals, adhesives, lubricants and plastics. If impurities become detached from these materials, sensitive components such as the membrane electrode unit of the PEM fuel cell can be damaged or destroyed. Toxic substances, such as hydrogen sulphide can also be produced.
Through our custom measuring chambers for the analysis of material compatibility, we can show undesirable reactions of hydrogen-contacted parts under variation of pressure, temperature and flow.
In this way, possible sources of impurities in the hydrogen can be identified in advance and excluded through a targeted selection of suitable materials.
Certification of Test Gases
As one of only two officially approved certification bodies in Germany, we certify a wide range of test and calibration gas mixtures:
- Determination of the certified substance volume fractions by a high-precision gas chromatographic comparison measurement against a secondary standard certified by the Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (BAM).
- Quality assurance by means of a further secondary standard certified by BAM, as well as a direct density measurement and further gas chromatographic tests.
- The accuracy of the calculated standard density is ensured by a direct measurement procedure
- The majority of the calibration gas mixtures are certified for PGCs according to PTB-A 7.63